Saturday, February 9, 2008

My recommended Firefox Plugins

You fill me with such browsing pleasure! Never before have I had such an easy pleasurable experience on the internet. I remember courting you back in Version 1.0, buying the T-shirt, and touting you to my friends. Now you're all grown and going through puberty. It's a beautiful time.

But seriously folks. By now firefox is well know by many people and is easily considered the best browser in the world. In fact, on several of the websites I own, firefox is the NUMBER ONE browser used to view my webpages.

This mostly stems from the fact that Firefox is small, lightweight, and super simple. But recently I have discovered a new side of my beloved firefox that I never knew existed.

AD-ONS!

Thats right, you can now customize your browser to do all sorts of crazy, useful, and amazing things. Now I know for some of you this isn't news. But I never knew this!
I was sitting in one of my tech classes and looked over at my buddies screen, all the sudden his browser turned into a 3D cube and spun around to display the next tab.
"Hubbawha?" I was confounded and befuddled to say the least.
My uber technical geek friend explained to me that it was a simple add-on for firefox.

"You do have firefox don't you?" he asked.
I pointed at my screen, then at my chest where I was proudly wearing my Firefox 1.0 t-shirt.

So I promply set out to find this add-on. What I found was a storehouse of browser goodies.
You can even do browser themes! Now, I know many of these things are possible with other browsers, don't get your panties in a bunch if you love IE or Opera. But the ease at which you can do it with firefox is unparalleled.

To get your own add-ons for firefox, go to https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/ and don't forget to install and USE firefox if you havn't already yet.


The Three Add-ons that I ended up getting (and USING) for now are:
FireFox Zune Theme
Tab Effect
PicLens (this one is AMAZING, you need to check it out. Viewing pictures on the web will never be the same)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

So profound. Err... wait, I'm commenting on my own blog. I am LAME