Friday, February 15, 2008

InstantAction gaming - First Look Video

Ok, so I've had the chance to use Instant Action's website for about two days now, and I've compiled a short video tour through the user interface and a short bit playing a game.



Keep in mind this is still in it's closed beta stage and many features have yet to be fully implemented. For instance, there are no leaderboards or personal bests records. It will tell you if you've beaten your previous best which leads me to believe that the information is being gathered, there simply is no GUI for it yet.

Also, I tried and tried and tried to find a recording codec that would allow me to record me playing the game smoothly. But every codec I tried made the game and recording uncontrollably choppy, so I had to revert to an uncompressed format for the short stints that I was actually playing the game.

So please, enjoy the video, register and apply for the beta test, and be sure to check out GarageGames who are putting this all on!

-Josh

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awesome video. Looks good.