Saturday, December 1, 2007

Website: Eee PC interactive online demo


Well, in case you havn't heard, there is an awesome new laptop out on the market now called the Eee PC (made by ASUS).
It's basically a miniature laptop running a custom linux xandros operating system. The only real downside to the eee pc I can find, is it's small harddrive size, it's only 4gb for now. But your not even going to get close to that size unless you want to shell out TONS of extra money on a different laptop.

So anyhow, I was so excited about this laptop that I started scouring the internet for information about it. But what I found was just a bunch of shoddy videos and alot of screen caps. I wanted something more!
So what I ended up doing, was rounding up all the screen caps I could find, then organizing them just as they would be in the real Eee PC. Then I put in online.

The responce from the Eee PC community was enormous! over 900,000 views in the first week! HOLY COW! Since then, it's kind of slowed down a bit, but I still get over 1000 views a day.

well, being the enterprising chap that I am, I decided to try my hand at making a little money from some tasteful and content oriented ads. So i signed up for google adsense. Well I couldn't be happier, It's been almost a month now and I have made enough to cover the expenses of my web hosting, plus enough to buy some gas! :D Which is helpful when you just got laid off.

If you want to find out more about the Eee PC, go to www.honeypothack.com/eee/

No comments: