Tuesday, December 4, 2007

M110 SASS - New military sniper system


Mommy!

I think I wet myself.

This Thing Is incredible. I saw a blurb about it on Future Weapons (video part 1 video part 2) and just had to find out more about it. Despite the fact that it's going to be used for killing people... it is simply BAD-BUM.

Knight's Armament designed this gun for a contest and the Army picked it up as the official new sniper rifle system. And I'm glad too, because this thing allows matched accuracy to the old bolt action system with the firing rate of a semi-automatic.

Go to http://www.militarytimes.com/multimedia/video/20071026_rc_m110sniperrifle
for a video of it being demonstrated!

A civilian version of the weapon can be bought for almost 10 thousand dollars. But given the competition, thats not a terrible price.

View a detailed Wiki entry here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M110_Semi-Automatic_Sniper_System

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

holy crud.
m16-like sniper
gotta get me one of those :]